Saturday, December 13, 2014

I am gay... and a little bit arrogant.

"How arrogant are you..." I was recently asked in my email, "to tell gay men how to live their lives?"

Well, that is a loaded question.  Let's divide it in two.  How arrogant am I?  I used to be truck loads arrogant.  I was young, tall, thin, gay and I had a giant chip on my shoulder. 

I am still tall.  And gay.  But I don't feel the need to have to be better than anyone -- which is what I think arrogance is.**  I do have a bit of experience in the Mormon/gay/tall world and I write those experiences down on this site. My experiences have lead me to certain beliefs.

I think that I am just arrogant enough.  

I am secure in my knowledge that I am gay.  Frankly, it seems like an old argument regarding wither or not I choose gayness or not.  It is clear to me what I choose and what I didn't choose.  I still read a lot and consider other options and opinions, but I know who I am and where I stand -- a little bit arrogant to be sure.

Do I tell others how to live their life?  Maybe and sorta.  But I still respect your choices and will defend your ability to make them.

For those of you who may be still on a fence, or not sure about who or what you are, know that I am not on the fence about you.  Even without being introduced I can give you a good idea based on what I know, and I am proud of you.

- Bro Thomp
A bit to light in the loafers for me. Good eatn' though.



**A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Southern Utah.  He talked with an old rancher. telling him "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs."  The rancher said, "Okay , but don't go in that field over there...", and he pointed out an area on the other side of a creek.

The DEA officer, with an audible poof verbally exploded.  


"Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me !" He reached into his rear pants pocket, removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher. 

"See this badge?" he screeched the screech of the indignant. "This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish, on any land at all. There will be no questions asked or any answers given -- even to the likes of you."  


"Have I made myself clear?  the agent puffed. "Do you understand?"

The southern Utah rancher nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher heard loud screams.  He looked up and saw the DEA officer running wildly for his life.  He was being chased by the rancher's biggest bull.

With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified and screamed for help.

The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs, "Show him your badge!" 


This story relates to this post because I think that the bull was gay.







No comments:

Post a Comment