Monday, February 8, 2010

Big Sliver - Get The Plyers!

Okay, the time has come for action.

Ten minutes ago it was the time for a diet coke. Now that I've got drink in hand, I am ready to take on the world. Diet coke and Prozac are like mothers milk to the GMM.

I know I'm not the first crazy person to say it and I doubt I'll be the last, but I think that we are approaching a time of great change. I think that our attitudes about living, and our perceptions of what we believe to be right or wrong, or even right and right will fluctuate dramatically. I think a lot of it will be for good.

I think we can't sit on the fence for very much longer. I'd give it a month or so, and then I'd be for picking the slivers out of our collective hineys and then getting up and out.

If you are on the cusp of making a decision, maybe its time to make it now. Personal Revelation is not just a nice thought from LDS Land. Some people call it intuition, or gut feeling. Or a burning sensation, (but that sounds a little to much like something else entirely, so lets keep to "Personal Revelation"). Our Heavenly Father can, through the spirit speak to you. I know this to be true. If you need to believe so just because I said so, you can for awhile. Promptings tend to be subtle – which allows us to use our agency, but they are real and reliable.

I have been at a place in my life where I thought myself not worthy for these promptings. How crazy is that? So I suck, and am continuing to suck, and everyone else also thinks I suck, and the Lord is not going to see that I suck & give me the info to help me out of suck-land? Lunacy.
Musical theatre geeks might recognize the quote...

“I choose, and my world was shaken. So what?
The choice may have been mistaken the choosing was not”.

I know that there are bad choices that can be made – like choosing to be a stripier at a NASCAR bar, wearing a tub-top to a wedding, or being a Ute fan. But most of the choices for us in Mormon-Priesthood-holders-wearing-pink-dom seem to be, "Can I do what I know is right, and still open my personal beliefs and boundaries to include those who do things I don't like", or "Should I say something or do something proactive?" or simply, "Should I say or do?"

We can commit to being Christ-like. We can commit to loving and serving others. We can commit to dedicating a part of our day to something for which we may not receive praise or credit. And while we sit on the fence of our choosing watching housewives of orange county or RuPauls Girls, afraid to make the wrong choice, there is a whole world moving 'round us that may be going down the toilet.

Time to flush, or get off the pot.

3 comments:

  1. Sunday In The Park With George! Got that quote right off. Choose! Yea, I like it. Thanks for the pick-me-up Mr. T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like any refference to anything that gets us off our collective ass. Thanks for the push.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to a point where it is easier to stay at home and quiver rather than to try and fail. Thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete